Happy July, friends! I don't know if I've ever been so happy to see the calendar turn. June was a really hard month for me personally. I was still editing weddings from the spring and just feeling really overwhelmed in business in general. Add in adoption paperwork, trips for business, and summer happenings and you've got one very tired girl. BUTTTTT... it's July! A new month! A fresh start! I'm so excited about the month ahead and all my hard work in June will pay off with a little vacation time for me this month and I just can't wait. This blog will see a little more action this month and I'm excited about that, too. I thought I'd start the month off with my very first "Friday" post! My sweet friend Victoria has been doing a weekly Friday post with random things from her week and I love the idea of a weekly catch-all. So yay! Friday No.1!
1. I'm thrilled to announce that I'm on the board for a new non-profit called House Of Hope Project. A friend contacted me several months ago about an idea that the Lord was stirring in her heart and after hearing what the Lord was doing, I sat sobbing at my desk and told her a definite YES! "We exist to bridge the gap of so many answering the call to care for orphans around the world. We desire to help fund, build, and raise support for those dedicating it all to reclaiming the lives of children who have been deemed unworthy. Our ultimate mission is to bring the truth and hope of Jesus Christ to the world beyond the brick and mortar, but to the lives within the walls of the home." (taken from our mission page) We will be a voice as we work to fund projects at home and around the globe. Our very first project is to build a village of homes in Lesotho, Africa which will provide a home for 120+ orphans. Giving them a home, a family, and a chance to know Jesus. I'll be talking more about this in the coming weeks and I can't wait to share more about how you can partner with us to bring these projects to life!
2. We are DAYS away from being an active waiting family! I can hardly believe that we're finally to the point of "waiting", but the paperwork is almost finished and we are getting closer and closer to being active. We ask that you pray with us as we finish up the final paperwork and get everything submitted. We are so excited and ready to be matched! We are so grateful for your prayers and your financial support as we've been on this adoption journey. It takes a village, and we couldn't ask for a better one.
3. I completely started over on my powersheets in June. Tyler and I were gifted sets at Trouvaille and I knew it was time to start over. So much has changed since I started my powersheets at the end of last December, and my goals just weren't working for me anymore. It was so refreshing to just start again! I did all the prep work last month and July is month one! I'm excited to see what the Lord does in my heart over the next six months. June was a hard month, but it also brought to light a lot of areas where I need to discipline and to be refined. We have lots of changes coming soon to our business because of the things we've learned in June and I'm just SO READY to make some things happen! Right now powersheets are on sale and you WANT SOME! Don't be afraid to start over or to start for the first time... today is the day to start!
4. This week I started a chronological bible reading plan that will last a full year. With all the changes coming to our family soon, I knew I needed a steady constant in my quiet time so that I'm not always searching for the next thing to study. I went through this exact same plan a few years ago and the Lord spoke so much into my life through it. I would love for you to join me! You can follow along on instagram with the hashtag #ourstoryofredemption to see what I'm learning and I would love for you to post too! Some friends had some trouble downloading the PDF, so I uploaded it myself. Click the link HERE to download the plan and get started!
5. I'll leave you with my current favorite song! Worship music is my jam and this song just fires me up. Enjoy!