Friday No. 9
1. Today is Good Friday, the day we remember the cross. I’m so overcome by the fact that Jesus in His perfection and righteousness took on the entire wrath of God so that I could be holy before Him. Jesus experienced separation from God the Father on behalf of sinful humanity. This is just SO GOOD. There’s nothing I could do to make myself righteous enough before God, but the blood of Jesus that now covers me allows me to come into His presence. Today I come before Him, a broken sinner, and I’m grateful. Celebrating the truth of the death and resurrection of Jesus this weekend will be SO SWEET and I can’t wait to spend time with our church family!
2. The Easter party we were supposed to attend last weekend got rescheduled to tonight, so I’ve been anxiously awaiting photos of my babes with ducks and bunnies all week! Ha! Even though the party didn’t happen last weekend, we went out to a local farm with some friends and did an Easter egg hunt, saw some animals, and had a picnic! Campbell cried for a good portion of the morning, but we still had a lot of fun!
3. Next weekend is the Master’s golf tournament and since we were dating it’s always been something we’ve loved watching together! I usually make some kind of pimento cheese recipe and we hang out on the couch, but this year we’re having a couple of friends over to enjoy it with us! I’m planning on having a couple little golf details and then some fun, southern snacks! My friend Andrea has an amazing pimento cheese recipe I might use this year!
unfortunately we won’t have these cookies, but they sure are gorgeous!!
4. The ladies at our church just kicked off our spring bible study and this semester we are going through Jen Wilkin’s book None Like Him and it goes though 10 character traits of God. We are only one chapter in so far and I know it’s going to be a good one. Put it on your reading list this year!
5. Here’s one of my favorite songs to get you into Easter weekend!