Friday No. 10
1. We’ve had a full week and I’m looking forward to staying home all day today to play with the babes and catch up on a few things around the house. We had a really sweet fourth and spent the whole day at my parents house cooking out and swimming! I hardly took any photos, but this mama just loves seeing her kiddies in red, white, and blue!
2. We are doing a new series at church on the five solas (biblical principals from the Reformation) and it is has been really really good. We’ve done 2 so far, so we’ve got the next 3 weeks to go! You can go here for the first two sermons and the website is usually updated on Monday or Tuesday for the previous weekend’s teaching! In the first sermon he talks about the necessity of scripture and how we need the Word more than anything else. I’ve been so challenged and encouraged by these sermons and passages of scripture!
3. I made Andrea’s green goddess chicken salad to take to my mom’s on Wednesday and it’s SO good! The herbs make it taste so fresh and it doesn’t feel heavy. It’s a pretty healthy recipe, too! I left out the anchovy paste, but other than that I followed the recipe pretty closely! You can grab the recipe here.
4. I absolutely LOVED the Journeywomen podcast episode this week on abiding. I thought it was really challenging and encouraging and very practical. If you don’t regularly listen to journeywomen, you should! There’s always really rich conversations based around scripture and the interviews are just so good!
5. This next week is going to be a big one for our fam because Campbell starts therapy. A therapist will come to our house once a week for an hour to work on a number of things with him. I’m excited to see what all the therapist does and have some “homework” that will help us continue the progress! I have to get intentional about our days to help him adjust to therapy and to give us more intentional time of working on things, so our new weekly “schedule” starts Monday! I’m trying to dig deep into my teacher past and create a little “tot school” that will help them both learn, have fun, and grow. Sharing here for accountability! Ha! I’m excited for us to grow as a family as we start this new season.
we don’t have big plans for the weekend so I’m looking forward to taking it easy and spending some time at home with my people. I hope that y’all have a great weekend!