Friday No. 8
1. This week went by in a blur. I don’t feel like we really DID a ton, but somehow it’s already Friday! We didn’t really do anything super exciting this week, but we did go out to run some errands, had lunch with a friend at firehouse, colored a few pictures, and took a few naps! Yesterday I had to finish photographing some menu items for a local healthy food service and Crawford woke up from nap before I could finish. I was shooting outside so up went the baby gate, I gave her some snacks, and I finished the job! This is my working from home mama life in action! Ha!
2. This week I was really encouraged by Exodus 17 and the picture of godly friendship we see from Aaron and Hur. Moses was holding up his hands as the Israelites were in battle and as long as his arms were raised, Israel prevailed. But as you can imagine... he got tired. So Arron and Hur sat down next to him and each took an arm and upheld Moses’ arms when he couldn’t do it himself. I’ve loved reflecting on that this week and looking for ways that I can support my community practically and in prayer.
3. I’ve really been trying to make healthier meal choices the past few weeks and I’m implementing some Trim Healthy Mama ideas and so far it’s been really good! This week I made a Hawaiian sheet pan dinner and it was easy and yummy! It does have a tablespoon of brown sugar in it, so it’s not a THM meal, but because I only added a tablespoon I think we’re doing okay. Ha! It was a super yummy and easy meal!
4. My friend Andrea’s cookbook is SO CLOSE to coming out! If you pre-order on her website you’ll have a signed copy in your hands by Mother’s Day! It was so special for me to be able to bring her incredible recipes to life through photography and it’s been an incredible journey walking alongside Andrea as she works so hard to bring her cookbook to life!
5. Tomorrow morning one of our little friends from church is having an Easter brunch complete with an egg hunt and photos with bunnies and chicks! I’d be a total liar if I said I wasn’t a million percent excited for this! Ha! We are in such a sweet season of our babies becoming more like little toddlers and being able to do things like this with them just makes me so happy. It’s sure to be a sweet morning and I am already dying to see my babies holding bunnies!